Tuesday, March 18, 2014

DIY:Do It Yourself ...Cardigan makeover, Restore old cardigan,Breathe new life into cardigans .....



There was an old cardigan lying in my wardrobe , which was  old and  I didn't wanted to give it away for some sentimental reasons . An idea came to my mind to renew this old sweater which inspired me  to do  this  tutorial.



1.  I love flowers especially on woolens , so I searched for  something to make flowers out of, in  the material lying around at home, and  I found a left over piece of a lace  in my drawer.So I made  flowers out of the lace.
 

2. Then I found old buttons and sewed them to center of flowers .Made four flowers with 6 petals each.
3.After this I changed the buttons of the old cardigan.
4.Then I bought  a bottle of white fabric color.Since the cardigan I had was plain and grey in color , I decide to add a little zing to it by adding small polka dots  on its sleeves and on the bottom part of the sweater.
5.Next I sewed all the flowers to the sweater in a vertical manners, as if they were hanging from a branch.
6.To add little sparkle I added some crystals and stones  around the flowers .I kept  the color  combination  of the sweater , white and grey , to make it look elegant.


 7.The cardigan looks new and is ready to wear.



1 comment:

  1. loved the creation of flowers from lace........it really look great

    ReplyDelete